Homemade Mango ChutneyFrom redkitchen 6 years ago
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar shopping list
- 6 cups mangoes (4-5), peeled and cut into 3/4 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup golden raisins shopping list
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tea. mustard seeds, whole shopping list
- 1/4 tea. red chili pepper flakes ( hot) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine sugar and vinegar in a 6 quart pot
- Bring to boil
- Stir until sugar dissolves
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered, until syrup is slightly thickened, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Stir occasionally during cooking
- Pour into clean, hot jars leaving 1/2 inch at top. Close jars. Process in a water bath 15 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookredkitchen Murfreesboro, TN
The Rating3 people
Hey you got my ^5! Come join me in my new Chutney Group!tuilelaith in Columbia loved it
Love mango chutney. Just love a chutney with chicken and meat! Gives so much dimension to the flavor. Great recipe.rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
This looks GREAT!
Will go well with the Chicken Curry recipe I just uploaded...1fastknife in Calgary loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!