La Madeleines Tomato Basil SoupFrom rekabla 8 years ago
- 8 - 10 tomatoes peeled, cored & chopped or 4 c canned whole tomatoes crushed shopping list
- 4 c tomato juice shopping list
- 12 - 14 fresh basil leaves (may want to chop extra for garnish) shopping list
- 1 c heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1 stick unsalted softened butter shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1/4 t cracked black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Combine tomatoes and juice in large saucepan over med heat.
- Simmer 30 minutes.
- Blend or process to puree tomato mixture & basil - do this in small batches for best results.
- Return mixture to saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in cream & butter then season w/ salt & pepper.
- Continue stirring over low heat until thoroughly heated.
- Ready to serve.
The Cookrekabla Flint, TX
The Rating2 people
This is one of my mom's favirote restaraunts. Thanks for posting!gardenladyzoe in Snyder loved it
This stuff is to die for.....I had this and one of their salads for lunch today and it was decadent. Great post and glad to have the recipe. You have my 5....only because I can't give you a 10.chefmeow in Garland loved it