Spicy Pork And Pineapple With Avocado And Mixed Salad GreensFrom knwalter 7 years ago
- 1 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 2 pork tenderloins (1-1/2 lbs. total), halved crosswise shopping list
- 2 Tbs. EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil) shopping list
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and quartered shopping list
- 1 avocado, cut into wedges shopping list
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 bag mixed salad greens or other salad of your choice shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, stir together the cumin, salt and pepper. Sprinkle all over the pork.
- In a large cast-iron skillet or grill-pan, heat 2 Tbs. EVOO over medium heat. Add the pork to the pan and cook, turning, until brown and firm to the touch, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Using the same skillet, add the pineapple, and cook over medium heat, turning, until golden, about 8 minutes.
- Slice the pork. Divide the pineapple, pork and avocado among 4 plates. Top with Jalapeno.
- Serve with salad.
- **recipe and photograph from "Every Day with Rachael Ray" magazine**