Orange Beef And Broccoli With Brown RiceFrom knwalter 7 years ago
- 1 bunch broccoli shopping list
- 1-1/4 cup beef broth shopping list
- 3 Tbs. hoisin sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbs. plum sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- grated peel of 1 orange, plus juice of 1/2 orange and wedges for serving shopping list
- 1 boneless sirloin steak (1-3/4lb.) shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 jalapeno chili, thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 servings brown rice, prepared as directed shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, bring 2 cups salted water to a boil. Cut the broccoli into 1" florets. Boil until crisp tender, about 3 minutes; drain the broccoli and rinse under cold water. Reserve the skillet.
- In a small bowl, stir together the broth, hoisin, soy and plum sauces and 1 Tbs. cornstarch. Stir in the orange peel.
- Slice the steak 1/4" thick, then cut the slices crosswise into thirds; toss with the remaining 3 Tbs. cornstarch.
- In the reserved skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the steak and jalapeno, turning, until the meat is barely pink, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the meat to a paper-towel-lined plate; discard the excess oil. Add the broth mixture to the skillet and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the meat, broccoli and orange juice and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with the brown rice and orange wedges.
- **recipe and photograph from "Every Day with Rachael Ray" magazine**