EggrollsFrom watson2167 8 years ago
- 2 oz vermicelli noodles shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2 oz shrimp chicken, or lean pork, minced shopping list
- 1 Tabs minced scallion shopping list
- 4 oz bean sprouts root removed shopping list
- 4 oz cabbage thinly slice shopping list
- 1 packet spring roll wrappers (about 50 sheets) shopping list
- 6 cups of corn flower oil for deep-frying shopping list
- garlic salt added more depend on how salty you want shopping list
- 2 tea spoon of black pepper shopping list
- 3 carrots thinly shreaded for better looking shopping list
- 2 eggs beated very well shopping list
How to make it
- Place the vermicelli noodles in a bowl of warm water for 15 minutes to soften. Then remove from water and cut into 3” lengths. Set aside to dry.
- In a frying pan add chicken or pork, if use shimp do not cook, you don't want your shimp over cook...it will cook with deep fry.
- Add the scallions, cabbabe and bean spouts, carrots, ( leave some carrots for garnish) garlic salt, black pepper and mix together. Do not over cook your vegies. NOTE: if you cook with shimp you can just mix it fresh, it don't have to be cook it until you finished roll them. it still going to teast good...AFTER COOK, drained them, make sure is dry, so it won't break with you fry them.
- In a small bowl, craked eggs, beated and put it aside till ready to wrap.
- When taking wrapper apart, make sure you cover it so it won't get dry and crake when you ready to use.
- Place a wrapper on the work surface, place 1 Tbs of meat and vegies mixture along the bottom third of the wrapper covering within ¾” of the two side edges. Tightly roll up the bottom edge of the wrapper, then fold over the right and left sides, continue rolling tightly up to almost the top edge, apply a little egg slurry with your finger tips to aid in sealing the roll.. This should be done one hour prior to frying and serving. This allows the “egg” to dry. Repeat this process until the meat filling is gone.
- When ready to fry: pour oil into pan, heat to 350 deg F. Place several egg rolls (6 or 7) in the oil to fry, turning them to evenly brown all around.. Place fried egg rolls on paper towels to drain.
- When serve, garnish with carrot and with Hot Sweet Spicy Dipping Sauce. Sweet and spice sauce can be found in Asia market..
- HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS SPECIAL RECIPE.....because I DO..