Shrimp And Eggplant CasseroleFrom chefjeb 8 years ago
- 2 lbs peeled raw shrmip shopping list
- 1 large or 2 small eggplants shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup onions, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup celery. chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 tbs minched garlic shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 2 slices toasted bread shopping list
- 1 tbs Worcestershire shopping list
- louisiana hot sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup ripe olives, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 can cream of shrimp or cream of mushroom soup diluted with 1/3 can milk shopping list
- 3/4 cup cracker crumbs (Ritz preferred, although any cracker will work) shopping list
How to make it
- Peel, chunk and boil eggplants until tender. Set aside
- Mix celery, bell pepper, onion, garlic and Worcestershire and saute in butter.
- Add eggplant
- Cook until firm, not soupy.
- Add crumbled toast and a couple of dashes Louisiana Hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- add beaten egg, olives and mushrooms
- In buttered caserole place half of eggplant mixture.
- Top with one-half of shrimp and half of dluted soup
- Repeat layering of eggplant, shrimp and soup
- Top with cracker crumbs and dot with butter
- Garnish with bell pepper rings, if desired.
- Bake at 375 for 45-50 minutes
The Cookchefjeb Carthage, MS
The Rating2 people
Looking forward to making your shrimp and eggplant recipe. I am always happy to find new recipes for shrimp used with a vegetable. Shrimp season is upon us and this will certainly be added to my list. Thanksmsbooch75 in Ocean Springs loved it