Cocoa Cake With Fluffy Peanut Butter FrostingFrom angelgirl94 7 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter-softened shopping list
- 1 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups cake flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup peanut butter-or to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- dash salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preaheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour two 9" round cake pans or one 9" x 13" baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl,beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Sift together flour,cocoa,baking soda,baking powder,and salt.
- Add to butter mixture alternating with buttermilk. Beat well after each addition.
- Pour batter into prepared pan(s).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes then turn out onto wire racks.
- Cool completely.
- In small saucepan,combine flour and milk. Cook over low heat until thickened,stirring constantly.
- Transfer to a small mixing bowl. Cover and cool completely.
- Add peanut butter,butter and sugar.
- Beat on high until fluffy and sugar is completely dissolved. Makes 3 cups of frosting.
- Frost cake as usual.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookangelgirl94 Reidsville, NC
The Rating5 people
OMG THATS HEAVENLY SO BEAUTIFUL TOO GREAT POST.THANK YOU SO MUCH ........YUMminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
we will celebrate anything ya want to with this cake yummymomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This sounds and looks wonderful.debwin in Toronto loved it