Chocolate GelatoFrom pieplate 8 years ago
How to make it
- Bring 2 ¼ cups milk to just below boiling (microwave is fine for this).
- Set aside ¼ cup and blend the cocoa powder into it, heating it a bit in the microwave if necessary to get the cocoa to dissolve.
- Heat ½ cold milk just to a boil (microwave etc.) and pour it over the chopped chocolate; let this stand for 1 minute, then stir well until the chocolate is entirely dissolved and glossy.
- Meanwhile, mix together sugar, cornstarch and salt, to which add ¼ cup cold milk and mix to a paste.
- Add this and the cocoa paste to the hot milk and whisk madly; bring to a boil and let it boil for 3 minutes, whisking frequently.
- Add to this the dissolved chocolate, mix well and force the mixture through a sieve (or not).
- Chill until quite cold, at least 1 ½ hours, and freeze in your ice cream maker.
- Pack it up and let it harden in the freezer another 3 hours. Daaaarrrrrk.
The Cookpieplate Claremont, CA
The Rating4 people
Yumola. This has to be good. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it