CHARRO BEANSFrom linebb956 9 years ago
- 1 pound pinto beans shopping list
- 1/2 pound lean bacon chopped small shopping list
- 1 chopped red ripe tomato shopping list
- 1 med onion small chop shopping list
- 1 small green pepper chopped shopping list
- 1 serrono pepper fine chop (I use less is kids are eating) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic chopped shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon good chile powder shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon cumin shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- pepper to Taste shopping list
- 1 bunch Clintro chopped fine shopping list
How to make it
- Pick over pinto's and wash.
- Soak in water over night, then rinse
- Render the bacon until soft
- Add onion and peppers stir until onion is soft.
- Add garlic stir for just a few minutes
- Add beans, seasonings and tomatoes.
- Cover all with water, bring to a boil, turn down to a slow simmer until beans are done.
- Add Clintro towards the very end so it stays bright green.
- If tomatoes are not red and ripe use canned or tomato juice.
- That is a lot of bacon, but .... it's what makes the dish. The person who showed me how to make these used 1 full pound!
- I hope you can understand how to do these... they are a classic here in the Rio Grande Valley and just over the bridge in Mexico.
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!