Chocolate Chip Walnut BiscottiFrom scearley 7 years ago
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1 1/4 c sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 2 Tbsp brewed tea, room temperature shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 2/3 c flour shopping list
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 3/4 c whole walnuts shopping list
- 1 1/4 c semisweet chocolate chips (or, 7 ounces good dark chocolate broken into pieces) shopping list
How to make it
- Move the oven racks so that one is directly in the center.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. (an electric mixer would be best)
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then vanilla, and tea
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt.
- Slowly add the mixed flour to the creamed sugar (mixer on low).
- Mix in the nuts and chocolate chips, and blend until the dough forms a ball.
- On a floured surface, with your hands coated in flour, and roll the dough into a log about 14 inches long and 4 inches thick.
- Carefully lift the log and place it on the baking sheet. If it's too large, cut the log in half. (Place on a separate baking sheet if you do this as the dough will spread while baking)
- Bake on the center rack for 35 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let everything cool on a wire rack until room temperature.
- Cut into 1/2" wide pieces. If the log isn't room temperature the molten chocoalte will ooze everywhere. Generally biscotti are cut diagonally to maximize length.
- Put the biscotti slices on the sheet and return to the oven for 30 minutes.
- WHen done, remove sheet from oven and let the biscotti cool on the sheet on a wire rack.