PORTUGUESE CALDO VERDEFrom skyduchess 8 years ago
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1 onion, minced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 6 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 quarts cold water shopping list
- 6 ounces linguica sausage, thinly sliced ( any spicy sausage ) shopping list
- 1 cup thick diced ham shopping list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 pound kale, rinsed and julienned ( collards are acceptable shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook onion and garlic in 3 tablespoons olive oil for 3 minutes. Stir in potatoes and cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes more.
- Pour in water, bring to a boil, and let boil gently for 20 minutes, until potatoes are mushy.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-low heat, cook sausage until it has released most of its fat, 10 minutes. Drain.
- Mash potatoes or puree the potato mixture with a blender or food processor.
- Stir the sausage, salt and pepper into the soup and return to medium heat. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir kale into soup and simmer, 5 minutes, until kale is tender and jade green. Stir in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and serve
The Cookskyduchess Garland, TX
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!