FlorentinesFrom auntybea 6 years ago
- 1/4 cup walnuts shopping list
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds shopping list
- 1 tbsp. sultanas shopping list
- 1 tbsp. mixed peel shopping list
- 2 oz. butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup castor sugar shopping list
- 5 glace cherries shopping list
- 3 pieces glace ginger shopping list
- 1 tbsp. Cream shopping list
- 4 oz. dark chocolate (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Finely chop almonds, walnuts, mixed peel, sultanas, cherries and ginger, combine in a bowl. (Alternately, place fruit and nuts in bowl of electric food processor fitted with metal blade, process until finely chopped, transfer to bowl.)
- Melt butter in small saucepan, add sugar, stir over gentle heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to boil, boil gently 1 minute; do not stir while boiling or mixture will crystallize; mixture should just be starting to turn light golden. Add butter micture and cream to fruit and nut mixture, mix well.
- Spoon heaped teaspoonfuls of mixture onto greased oven trays, allowing room between each for spreading. Four Florentines will fit comfortably onto one tray at a time. For easy handling, it is best to bake only four at a time.
- Bake in 350 F oven 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; with spatula, push each Florentine into a round shape. Allow to cool on trays 1 minute then, with spatula, carefully lift each Florentine from the tray onto a wire cooling rack. Allow to cool and become firm.
- If you choose, place the chopped chocolate in the top of a double saucepan, stir over simmering water until chocolate has melted; allow chocolate to cool slightly. Turn biscuits over onto flat side. Spoon 1 teaspoonful of chocolate on to flat side and spread out to edge. When chocolate is almost set, run a fork through the chocolate in wavy lines. Place on a tray, refrigerate until chocolate has set. Store in an airtight container until required. Makes about 20 Florentines
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cookauntybea Vernon, Canada
The Rating6 people
these are always a great one love themminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I had to make them so soon!! Great post.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
I wish I could give you more then a '5' on these !dee in Tampa loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!