Singapores Spicy Black Pepper CrabFrom twotong 8 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 2 lbs large mud crabs, claws cracked, shells removed and cleaned. Drain to dry. shopping list
- 4 tbsp freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 to 4 fresh red chilli, seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 4 tbsp butter shopping list
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 10 slices young ginger shopping list
- 1 to 2 tbsp oyster sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp dark soya sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp sugar (optional) shopping list
- coriander leaves to garnish shopping list
- oil for deep frying shopping list
How to make it
- Fry the black pepper in a wok or frying pan (without oil) till fragrant. Remove and keep aside.
- The crabs taste best if they are deep fried in very hot oil first – deep fry on all sides till the crabs turn red.
- Drain and keep the oil aside.
- Heat a wok, add the butter and when it melts and is hot, add the garlic, ginger and chilli and stir fry for three minutes till the mixture is fragrant.
- Add the oyster sauce, soya sauce and sugar and stir well before adding the pepper.
- Stir fry a few seconds on high heat, add the crabs and stir fry one minute. Serve with the garnish.