Warm Cherry Coffee CakeFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- about 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup warm water shopping list
- 1 pkt active dry yeast shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, cut up shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1, 21 oz can cherry pie filling shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp vanilla or almond extract shopping list
- 3 to 4 tsp milk to make a glaze consistency shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl combine 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar and yeast and salt.
- In saucepan heat milk, butter and water to warm and to melt butter.
- Add to dry ingredients and beat til lmoistened.
- Beat in eggs till smooth.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft but a bit sticky dough.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place till double.
- Stir down dough and spoon 2/3rds of dough in a a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Top with pie filling and drop on remaining dough by spoonfuls.
- Bake preheated 350 for about 35 to 45 minutes or tested done.
- Cool on rack.
- Combine glaze ingerdients till smooth and drizzle over warm cake
- Serve warm or room temp.