Tomato ChutneyFrom scearley 7 years ago
- 3 pounds of plum tomatoes, peeled and diced. (Unpeeled tomatoes will end up losing their peel in the mix, which is fine but affects the texture) shopping list
- 3 ounces of fresh ginger, finely grated shopping list
- 1 1/4 c sugar shopping list
- 1 red onion, diced very small shopping list
- 10 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 3/4 c apple-cider vinegar shopping list
- 3/4 c balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/3 c golden raisins (or dried apricots if you prefer) shopping list
How to make it
- Simmer everything but the raisins into a heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Cook, stirring frequently over low heat, until you get syrup, about 45 minutes.
- Add the raisins and cook 5 to 10 minutes to make them plump.
- If the sauce seems runny while warm, it will thicken as it cools.
The Cookscearley Federal Way, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!