Corn And Potato Tex Mex SoupFrom blondeberry 7 years ago
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1 small fresh chili seeded & minced shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 3 cups vegetable stock shopping list
- 2 tsp. cumin shopping list
- 2 cups sweet potato diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red pepper shopping list
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn shopping list
- sea salt to taste shopping list
- cilantro shopping list
- lime wedges shopping list
How to make it
- In a soup pot simmer onions, garlic and chili in 1 cup of the stock.
- In a small bowl make a paste of cumin and a Tbsp. of stock, stir into pot and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add potatoes and remainder of stock.
- Simmer until potatoes soften.
- Add pepper and corn.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Puree half the soup, add back to pot and serve with chopped cilantro and lime wedges.