Summer Fresh Fish TacosFrom kidaria 5 years ago
- 1 tsp cumin seeds shopping list
- 2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 pound white fish like snapper shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 8 soft flour tortilla wraps shopping list
- 2 c shredded cabbage shopping list
- 1 c cherry tomatoes, halved shopping list
- 1 c cucumbers, sliced shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- salsa shopping list
- hot sauce shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, toast the cumin seeds over moderate heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer the seeds, cool, then coarsely chopped.
- Heat 1 tsp of olive in a pan. Salt and pepper fish. Cook fish on one side then flip to the other. Cook until opaque. Set aside.
- Add the onion to the skillet, cover and cook over low heat until softened but not browned.
- Add the cumin stirring to blend the flavors.
- Return the fish to the skillet and gently break it up with a wooden spoon. Re-season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Warm the tortillas in the oven for 30 seconds, or just until hot but still pliable. Keep the tortillas warm in foil.
- To serve, toss the cabbage with the tomatoes and cucumber in a bowl. Transfer the fish mixture to another bowl. Set out the sour cream, salsa and hot sauce.