Apple and Rice PuddingFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked long grain brown rice shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 large apples peeled cored and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup dark raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried apricots quartered shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- In a heavy saucepan heat water to boiling then stir in rice.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add milk to rice in saucepan and cook 20 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- In small bowl beat cream and eggs with a wire whisk then stir in sugar and salt.
- Whisk into rice mixture along with apples, raisins, apricots and vanilla.
- Cook stirring occasionally until mixture thickens but do not boil.
- Spoon rice mixture into a greased shallow baking dish and bake 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
wow thats different thank youminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
all I can say Is a 5 to you,this is deliciouscaramia in loved it
I think the adding of the apples will give the pudding an unique flavor.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!