Vegetables LasagnaFrom watson2167 7 years ago
- 8 ounces dried lasagna noodles (9 or 10 noodles) shopping list
- 2 beaten eggs shopping list
- 2 cups cream-style cottage cheese shopping list
- 1 15-ounce carton ricotta cheese shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, crushed shopping list
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or cooking oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups milk shopping list
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and thoroughly drained shopping list
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and thoroughly drained shopping list
- 1 cup shredded carrot shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (3 ounces) shopping list
- 1 8-ounce package package shredded mozzarella cheese (2 cups) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, cottage cheese, ricotta, and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- In a large skillet cook mushrooms, onion, and garlic in hot oil until tender. Stir in the flour and pepper; add milk all at once. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in the spinach, broccoli, carrot, and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
- To assemble, in a greased 3-quart rectangular baking dish, layer one-third of the noodles, folding or cutting to fit, if necessary. Spread with one-third of the cottage cheese mixture, then one-third of the vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with one-third of the mozzarella. Repeat the layers 2 more times. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven for 35 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving