Cranberry Lemon Sandwich CookiesFrom gumby 5 years ago
- INGREDIENTS shopping list
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped shopping list
- FILLING: shopping list
- 2/3 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1-1/4 teaspoons grated lemon peel shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, lemon peel and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cranberries.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the filling ingredients; add lemon juice for consistency and flavor, if desired. Beat until smooth. Spread on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
The Cookgumby Fort McMurray, CA
The Rating4 people
fantastic!!!! lemon and cranberry wow what a flavor ............thank youminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Can't wait to try this one.m2googee in Tomball loved it
I agree with you, these are great! I have made them a few times and they are always fantastic!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!