Deep Fried TurkeyFrom singlerose 8 years ago
How to make it
- In a LARGE pot (or turkey fryer if you happend to have one) heat up the oil to 400F (or 200C) and be sure to leave room for the turkey to submerge. You don't want oil spilling over the sides!
- Rinse off your turkey and pat dry with paper towels. Then rub your seasoning all over the turkey (inside and out). Be sure that nothing is covering the hole of the bird because we need oil to freely flow inside to cook thoroughly.
- Put the onion and the turkey in a drain basket (put turkey in basket NECK end first) and lower into hot oil. Make sure the bird is COMPLETELY covered. Keep the temperature of the oil at 350F (175C) and cook for approximately 3.5mins/lb. For a 12lb bird this will be about 45 minutes.
- Remove the basket from the oil and set to drain on paper bags. The internal temp of the thigh should be 180F when finished. Let the turkey drain and lock in juices for 30 minutes prior to serving.
The Cooksinglerose San Francisco, CA
The Rating3 people
It is indeedly a treat to be had! I have a Masterbuilt electric turkey frier. So much safer than fire/propane.sharyl4 in Mohave Valley loved it
So true about leaving enough room for the turkey! First one we did, we measured with water in the pot to see how much... that was smart, right? Then we injected it with
seasonings, dumb idea. It made it heavier... the oil boiled over. It's ...morelinebb956 in La Feria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!