Reuben Casserole with Rye BiscuitsFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 27 ounces sauerkraut shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup thousand island dressing shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 packages sliced corned beef shopping list
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese shopping list
- 2- 2/3 cups baking mix shopping list
- 1/4 cup crushed rye crackers shopping list
- 1/4 cup soft butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cocoa shopping list
- 2 teaspoon molasses shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped onion shopping list
How to make it
- Spread sauerkraut in ungreased rectangular pan then arrange tomatoes over sauerkraut and spread with dressing and dot with butter.
- Top with corned beef and cheese then bake 15 minutes at 350.
- Mix baking mix, cracker crumbs, butter, cocoa, molasses and caraway seeds then add milk and stir with fork into dough and beat 30 seconds.
- Smooth into ball on surface dusted with baking mix and knead 10 times.
- Roll 1/2 inch thick then cut with biscuit cutter.
- Arrange biscuits evenly over top of casserole and bake 20 minutes at 425.
- Serve with mustard sauce which is made by combining mayonnaise, mustard and onion.