Maryland Crab CakesFrom blondeberry 4 years ago
- 1 lb crab meat shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp W-shire sauce shopping list
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter, melted shopping list
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (brand - 4C if available) shopping list
How to make it
- These should be mixed in the order given:
- Add seasonings to egg.
- Then add melted butter.
- Next add the crab.
- Finally add the bread crumbs.
- Make 6 crab cake patties and refrigerate for at least 1 hr.
- Fry in margarine. Start on high heat then lower it - takes about 15 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookblondeberry Charleston, SC
The Rating5 people
Hi blondeberry! We lived in Maryland for a year. Loved the crabcakes. I love the fact that you add the bread crumbs at the end of this recipe because you have control over the amount of breading. Thanks for Sharing!rml in loved it
Thanks, Debbie! Love to hear the are authentic, so when I make them I know that that is what people are talking about when they talk about Maryland Crab Cakes (never having been there or eaten any before)!auntybea in Vernon loved it
I love blue crab steamed with old bay sprinkled on top!!! so in cakes blue crab will be de'lish!!! love it!jeannej in Raleigh loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!