Crab and Cheddar SoupFrom crabhappychick 6 years ago
- 2 T. butter shopping list
- 2 T. flour (or cornstarch to make this gluten-free) shopping list
- 1/2 t. salt shopping list
- 1 t. white pepper (I use black) shopping list
- 4 c. milk shopping list
- 1/2 lb. grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- dash Tabasco (I use Old Bay Seasoning) shopping list
- 2 c. crabmeat, shell and cartilage removed shopping list
- sprinkling of Old Bay for topping each serving shopping list
How to make it
- In saucepan, melt butter and blend in salt, pepper, and flour or cornstarch. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add cheese, stirring over low heat until cheese melts.
- Add crabmeat and heat very slowly. Ladle into bowls and dust with Old Bay.
- May be doubled or tripled easily.