Beef and Black Bean Chili EnchiladasFrom auntybea 7 years ago
- 1 lb (500 g) Extra Lean or lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced shopping list
- 1 large sweet pepper, diced shopping list
- 2 - 3 tbsp (30 - 45 mL) chili powder shopping list
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin shopping list
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 can (19 oz/ 540 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) frozen corn kernels shopping list
How to make it
- Cook beef, onion, sweet pepper, chili powder and
- cumin in large saucepan or Dutch oven over
- medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until
- meat is thoroughly cooked and any liquid has
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans and corn.
- Bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer, covered, for
- 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- CHILI ENCHILADAS: Spread 2 cups (500 mL) chili in 13 x 9-inch (3 L) glass baking dish; set aside. Spoon 1/2 cup
- (125 mL) chili onto centre of each of 8 small flour tortillas. Roll up; place seam side down in baking dish. Spoon
- remaining chili over enchiladas. Sprinkle with 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven
- for 30 minutes. Makes 8 enchiladas.