Tinks -Walnut- ChickenFrom minitindel 7 years ago
- 1 -tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 3 -tbsp. light soy sauce shopping list
- 1 --tbsp. dry sherry shopping list
- 1 -tsp. finely chopped, peeled fresh ginger root or 1/2 tsp. ground ginger shopping list
- 1- (3 1/2 lbs.) chicken, skinned, boned, and cut into 1 inch chunks, or 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts, cubed shopping list
- 4 -tbsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 -cup walnuts shopping list
- 1/2- cup cut green onions (1 inch pieces) shopping list
- 2- cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 lb. fresh snow pea pods, tips and strings removed shopping list
- 1/2 pound fresh broccoli cut into 1- inch pieces shopping list
- steamed white rice, cooked shopping list
How to make it
- In medium sized bowl, combine cornstarch, soy sauce, sherry and ginger until well mixed. Stir in chicken chunks; let stand 15 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, heat wok or large skillet over high heat a few seconds. Add 2 tablespoons oil and the walnuts.
- Fry walnuts until golden brown, stirring with slotted spoon. Transfer walnuts to bowl.
- Add green onions and garlic to wok; stir fry 1 minutes. Stir in pea pods and broccoli and stir fry until tender crisp.
- Remove vegetables to bowl with walnuts.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to wok. Add chicken and its marinade.
- Stir fry chicken until firm about 5 minutes.or so
- Return walnuts and vegetables to wok; heat through and serve immediately. with steamed white rice...........
- and hot and sour soup
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating3 people
Love this Sherry! Keep 'em coming!auntybea in Vernon loved it
Oh, I love this! Haven't had it in years because of the celiac stuff...now I can make it myself and use wheat-free tamari in place of the soy sauce. Thanks, Tink!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
I love these kind of dishes, could eat them everyday. Sounds delish!gapeach55 in Covington loved it