Bread Pudding with Rum SauceFrom 22566 7 years ago
- 1 (8oz) Loaf French bread cut into cubes shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1-1/2 Cups sugar,divided shopping list
- 1/2 Cup crushed pineapple,drained well,reserve juice shopping list
- 1 Can cream of coconut,divided shopping list
- 1(8oz) cream cheese,softened shopping list
- 1-3/4 Cups of milk shopping list
- 1/4 Cup pineapple juice shopping list
- 1/2 Cup Good rum shopping list
- 8 Tablespoons butter,melted and divided shopping list
- 1/2 Cup toasted ,chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/2 Cup flaked coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Beat the cream cheese,add eggs,1 cup of the sugar,beat well until blended about 3minutes or so.
- Stir in 1 and 3/4 cup milk,1/4 cup pineapple juice,1/2 cup crushed pineapple,1 cup coconut milk and 3 Tablespoon melted butter.
- Stir in bread cubes.
- Let set about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Butter or spay a 13"x9" baking dish.
- Pour bread mixture into dish.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes or until set.
- Mix the pecan,coconut,and 3 Tablespoons melted butter together and sprinkle over baked pudding.
- Bake for about 8 more minutes or until browned.
- Stir 1/2 Cup Rum and 1/2 cup cream of coconut together,set aside
- Place in heavy saucepan,1/2 cup sugar,cook over low heat and stir about 3 minutes until sugar is caramelized and becomes a light brown syrup.
- Stir in the rum and cream of coconut mixture,cook and stir until sauce in thickened slightly.
- Stir in the remaining 2 Tablespoons melted butter.
- Cut the bread pudding into servings and serve it with the Rum sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cook22566 TX
The Rating6 people
Oh my! ;)angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it
I JUST LOVE BREAD PUDDINGS I LIKE THEM MOIST AND LOTS OF SAUCE IN THEM YUMMY JOYCE ...THANK YOU
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Tink suggested I check out this recipe... OMG I am so glad she did... 5 forks...peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!