Classic Maryland Crab Stuffed ShrimpFrom crabhappychick 8 years ago
- 1 dozen shrimp, large, peeled, deveined, butterflied shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 pound crab meat, fresh, shell and cartilage removed shopping list
- 3/4 cup saltine crackers, finely crushed shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, melted shopping list
- Old Bay seafood seasoning shopping list
- lemon wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Saute veggies in 1 T. butter; set aside.
- Mix saltines, mayo, mustard, Worcestershire, lemon juice, cayenne and egg. Stir in veggies and then gently fold in crab keeping the lumps as whole as possible.
- Spread each butterflied shrimp open and top with 1/4 of the crab mixture mounding nicely. Shake a little Old Bay on each and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 350 for 20minutes or broil until lightly browned and bubbly. Serve with a squeeze of lemon.