mushroom gravyFrom rcragun 6 years ago
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced onion shopping list
- 1 cup minced mushrooms shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable broth shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 dash salt & pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in onion. Sauté 3-5 minutes or until softened. Stir in mushrooms. Sauté 3-4 minutes longer, or until almost dry. Add wine. Cook until liquid has evaporated. Remove mushroom mixture from pan; set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in pan; stir in flour. Cook and stir over medium heat about 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Whisk in vegetable broth. Simmer, while whisking, 3-4 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Whisk in poultry seasoning and milk, continuing to cook until heated through. Stir in reserved mushroom mixture; season with salt and pepper. Heat until the gravy thickens.