Arroz con HuevosFrom sunny 8 years ago
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup rice- any white long grain rice shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt, optional shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper shopping list
- 2 tbsp. taco sauce or salsa shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided shopping list
How to make it
- In medium saucepan stir together water, rice, onion, garlic, and salt, if desired. Cover. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to keep water simmering. About 10 minutes before rice is done (check rice package for total cooking time needed), stir in green pepper and taco sauce. Re-cover and cook until rice is tender, about 10 minutes longer. Stir in tomato. Remove from heat, cover, and keep warm while poaching eggs.
- In saucepan or deep omelet pan, bring to boil 2 to 3 inches of water. Reduce heat to keep water gently simmering. Break cold eggs, 1 at a time, into custard cup or saucer, or break several into bowl. Holding dish close to water?s surface, slip each egg into water. Cook until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, about 3 to 5 minutes. With slotted spoon, lift out eggs. Drain in spoon or on paper towels and trim any rough edges, if desired.
- To serve individually, spoon rice onto plate, then top with 1 poached egg. Sprinkle each egg with 1 tbsp. cheese. Makes 2 to 4 servings.