Dim Sum Shrimp Steamed DumplingsFrom tippystclair 6 years ago
- Transparent Dumpling Dough: shopping list
- 1 cup wheat starch shopping list
- 3 Tbsp potato starch shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup boiling water shopping list
- 1 Tbsp lard or veg shortening shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1/4 cup bamboo shoots, rinsed and minced shopping list
- 3/4 cup raw shrimp, shelled and deveined shopping list
- 2 Tbsp ground pork fat shopping list
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp chinese rice wine or pale dry sherry (optional) shopping list
- . shopping list
How to make it
- Finely mince the shrimp.
- Combine the egg white and cornstarch.
- Mix all the filling ingredients together and refrigerate while preparing the dough.
- Dumpling Dough:
- Combine the wheat starch and the potato starch in a mixing bowl. Stir in the salt, then gradually add the boiling water while stirring. Wait 5 minutes until the dough has cooled a bit.
- While it is still warm mix in the lard a tiny bit at a time.
- Knead the dough until it is smooth and the lard is mixed in.
- Let the dough rest for at least 15 minutes.
- To prepare the wrappers:
- Lay a large piece of wax paper on countertop.
- Take a heaping teaspoon of dough (approximately a 1-inch ball), roll into a ball and flatten.
- Lay the dough out on the wax paper and roll out until approximately three inches in diameter.
- Cover the wrappers to keep from drying out while preparing the remaining dough.
- Prepare the Dumplings:
- Take a level teaspoon of filling and place in the middle of the wrapper.
- Spread so that it is not too thick in the middle or the wrapper may break.
- Gently fold the wrapper over the filling.
- Pleat the edges to seal.
- Continue with the remainder of the dumplings.
- To Cook:
- Steam the dumplings over boiling water in a bamboo steamer (can be purchased at Chinese grocery) until they are transparent, between 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with chili oil dipping sauce
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating7 people
Interesting will give them a try........nice Post
grizzlybear in loved it
wow great recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Love this one Tippy! How've you been! Wedding season
for me so pretty busy. Have to stop by your page to see what I've missed when things calm down. Mare
P.S. I'm gonna cheat and buy the dumpling sheets!theiris in Garden City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!