Perfect Veal Stew with CarrotsFrom noir 7 years ago
How to make it
- Slightly brown the veal dices in a non stick frying pan over high heat, then place the veal pieces in a pot (ie. cast iron pot) over medium heat (until it boils then reduce to a simmer).
- Deglaze your frying pan with the white wine and pour it over the veal pieces
- Peal and thinly slice the shallots and place in pot
- Peal and slice the carrots and place in pot
- Clean and cut tomato and place in pot
- Season with salt, pepper and herbs to taste, add a glass of water
- Close pot and let simmer for an 1hour or so (veal being a tender meat by nature the cooking time can be reduced compared with beef).
- Before serving if sauce is too liquidy dissolve a couple of spoons of corn starch in 2 table spoon of cold water and pour the mix in the sauce and boil for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Serve with potatoes and broiled veggies.
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating5 people
Love this.. it does not make a gallon! Will be giving a try... Can I use beef... can't afford the veal ... and it is hard to find here.linebb956 in La Feria loved it
This is amazingly simple! Thanks Noir!smooch in America loved it
Very nice!shuga in United States loved it