Homemade Creme De Menthe LiqueurFrom annieamie 8 years ago
How to make it
- Put leaves in a large jar and cover with vodka.
- Let steep for 48 hours. (2 full days)
- Strain the mint leaves out of the vodka and discard the leaves.
- Boil the sugar and the water until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Cool completely and add to mint infused vodka.
- Let this stand until the liquid is completely clear.
- If you wish for a deep green color, add as many drops as necessary to color the liqueur. You can bottle this in any glass bottle of your choice. (Commercially sold creme de menthe syrups are usually clear liquids without color.)
- **Add 1/4 ounce of creme de menthe to your favorite hot chocolate with a topping of whipped cream and some shaved dark chocolate.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating5 people
oh yum i like creme de menthe got my 5minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Thanks! This will come in handy.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Great post....Love making my own...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it