Chickpea Pumpkin CurryFrom splosh 6 years ago
- 2 tsp peanut oil shopping list
- 2 medium brown onions, sliced thinly shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 2 tbsp ticka masala curry paste shopping list
- 2 cups vegetable stock shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 kg butternut pumpkin, chopped coarsely shopping list
- 2 cups jasmine rice shopping list
- 300g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas shopping list
- 1/4 cup low-fat cream shopping list
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in large saucepan; cook onion and garlic, until onion softens. Add paste; cook stirring, until fragrant. Stir in stock and the water; bring to a boil. Add pumpkin, reduce heat. Simmer, covered 15 minutes or until pumpkin is almost tender.
- Meanwhile, cook rice in large saucepan of boiling water, uncovered, until tender. Drain. Cover to keep warm.
- Add chickpeas and peas to curry, cook, stirring, until hot. Stir in cream and coriander. Serve curry with rice.
The Cooksplosh Mullumbimby, AU
The Rating4 people
Looks great!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Nice!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
yum! this curry was delicious. I also added a small sweet potato and used coconut cream as i didn't have any other cream. sooooo yummy. great with pappadams and rice. thanks;)bea in Brisbane loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!