Chickpea Pumpkin CurryFrom splosh 6 years ago
- 2 tsp peanut oil shopping list
- 2 medium brown onions, sliced thinly shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 2 tbsp ticka masala curry paste shopping list
- 2 cups vegetable stock shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 kg butternut pumpkin, chopped coarsely shopping list
- 2 cups jasmine rice shopping list
- 300g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas shopping list
- 1/4 cup low-fat cream shopping list
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in large saucepan; cook onion and garlic, until onion softens. Add paste; cook stirring, until fragrant. Stir in stock and the water; bring to a boil. Add pumpkin, reduce heat. Simmer, covered 15 minutes or until pumpkin is almost tender.
- Meanwhile, cook rice in large saucepan of boiling water, uncovered, until tender. Drain. Cover to keep warm.
- Add chickpeas and peas to curry, cook, stirring, until hot. Stir in cream and coriander. Serve curry with rice.
The Cooksplosh Mullumbimby, AU
The Rating4 people
Nice!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Looks great!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
yum! this curry was delicious. I also added a small sweet potato and used coconut cream as i didn't have any other cream. sooooo yummy. great with pappadams and rice. thanks;)bea in Brisbane loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!