Chicken Fried SteakFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 2/3 cup flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 2 pounds Top Round or chuck steak - cut 1/4" - 1/2" thick - (tenderized- pounded ) or another cut of beef maybe more tender you prefer shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 cups cracker crumbs, -rolled fine shopping list
- 1 Onion; sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup Cream shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock (approx.) shopping list
- 1 dash worcestershire sauce (optional) shopping list
- 1 dash hot sauce (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix 1/2 cup of the flour, the salt and the pepper together.
- Pound the mixture into both sides of the meat with the edge of a heavy plate or mallet.
- Cut the meat into serving-size pieces
- Beat the eggs together with the cream.
- Heat the oil in a heavy iron skillet over moderately high heat.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons of the flour.
- Dredge the steaks in the remainder of the flour, dip in the egg mixture, and then into the cracker crumbs.
- Add to the hot oil.
- Brown the steaks well, turn and brown the other side.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover the skillet, and cook for , turning occasionally, until the steaks are cooked through and tender.
- Chicken-fried steak should be well done, but not dry.
- Remove the steaks from the pan, and drain on brown paper bags.
- Keep warm.
- Add the onion slices to the pan and saute quickly.
- Pour off all but 3 tablespoons of the fat in the skillet, and stir in 3
- tablespoons of the flour.
- Stir to incorporate any particles in the bottom of the pan and cook for
- 1-to-2 minutes.
- Stir in the cream, then the chicken stock.
- Season with Worcestershire and hot sauce.
- Slice the meat across the grain and top with the gravy.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
this looks great and fattening!herby in Albany loved it
My family loves this stuff!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Sounds great! I should make it for my hubby for Father's Day he loves it that much!auntybea in Vernon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!