Mediterranean ChickenFrom markeverett 6 years ago
- 6-8 chicken breasts (bone-in make better flavor but boneless are so much easier) shopping list
- 2 14 oz. cans stewed, chopped tomatoes (more is fine) shopping list
- 4-6 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup red wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped shopping list
- 1 can sliced black olives shopping list
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese shopping list
- 1/3 cup olive oil shopping list
- 2 tsp dried oregano shopping list
How to make it
- In a skillet or a roasting pan that you can put in the oven, heat oil and add garlic and chicken. Cook until juices are no longer pink.
- Add parsley, olives, red wine, diced tomatoes and oregano.
- Simmer for 45-60 minutes over low heat.
- Then cover and put in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour. You want the juices to be nice and thick and tasty...
- About 10 minutes before it's done sprinkle with feta. Allow feta to soften and serve either with rice or pasta.
The Cookmarkeverett Riverside, CA
The Rating4 people
Sounds great! Saving!mamalou in Attleboro loved it
This does sound wonderful and would be a great make ahead dish for entertaining. = )sunny in Portland loved it
Oh, YUM!!!! Thanks for posting!pat2me in Nashua loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!