Cajun Pot Roast SandwichesFrom daking 5 years ago
- 1 Eye Of Round roast 3-4 lbs. shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 4 stalks celery shopping list
- 1 bell pepper shopping list
- Tony Chacere's creole seasoning shopping list
- flour shopping list
- cayenne pepper to taste (the salt comes from the Chacere's and the beef base) shopping list
- Orrington farms beef base shopping list
- louisiana hot sauce about 2 Teaspoons shopping list
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 6 jumbo hamburger buns or 6 submarine rolls (your preference) shopping list
- Sliced dill pickles shopping list
How to make it
- Chop all the vegetables to a fine dice. They will basically dissapear during cooking.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy stock pot (medium high heat
- Season the Roast well with the Tony Chacere's and Black Pepper
- Season 1\4 cup flour with the cajun spice and pepper as well. Coat roast well with the flour.
- Brown the roast on all sides (about 15-20 minutes)
- Reduce the heat to low and add the water, onions, garlic and all the vegetables. Add one tablespoon soup base. (Brown Gravy mix 1 packet may be substituted for the soup base.)Add 2 teaspoons Louisiana Hot Sauce as welland 1\2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper.
- Simmer this for 4 Hours (all night is better :)
- Slice the roast very thin and return to the pot. (the gravy from the roast will be very rich and thick.
- This is how i do the buns. I brush the buns with the stock from the roast and then i brown the buns over medium high heat until crunchy.
- Serve 1\2 lb. roast per buns and add the dill pickles.
- Enjoy !!
- This made me hungry typing it and i know you will like it as well. It is one of the families all time favorite suppers , also a great Sunday lunch with some chips and fresh fruit.