Carrozza Italian fried mozzarella sandwichesFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 6 slices crustless white or Italian bread, day old is better than fresh shopping list
- 6 thick slices mozzarella cheese ( could be swiss or other "stretchy" cheese ) shopping list
- 1 cup milk, half & half or cream shopping list
- 1 cup flour or as needed shopping list
- 2 large eggs beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil or more if needed for frying shopping list
- Optional sauce: shopping list
- garlic, fresh squeezed lemon juice, fresh chopped parsley, minced anchovies etc shopping list
How to make it
- Place one slice of cheese on a piece of bread to fit.
- Top with second slice of bread to make a sandwich.
- Dip both sides of bread first in milk, then flour and lastly beaten eggs.
- Brown/fry both sides of sandwich in hot olive oil in a heavy
- duty skillet.
- Drain sandwiches on absorbent paper.
- If desired, to remaining oil in skillet add some fresh squeezed garlic, juice from lemon, chopped parsley and minced anchovies to taste.
- Pour sauce over sandwiches.
- Yield: 6 sandwiches.
- Recipe easily doubles
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
This is one of those dishes that not many know about - It also happens to be literally my fave thing to order in an authentic italian restaurant because if they do it well, it is soooo super fantastic! Thanks for posting. I have a recipe for how to m...moredivaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
saved this one too.. another high 5!misterpeter in Southwest Harbor loved it
Oh wow love this thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!