Cajun Ham And Grits PieFrom knwalter 7 years ago
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking grits shopping list
- 2 tsp. cajun seasonings shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups shredded extra-sharp white cheddar cheese shopping list
- 4 Tbs. butter shopping list
- 8 scallions, coarsley chopped shopping list
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) white mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup coarsley chopped smoked ham shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups store-bought chunky tomato or marinara sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Meanwhile, grease a deep 10-inch pie pan.
- In a sauce-pan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Stir in the grits, 1 tsp. cajun seasoning and 1/2 tsp. salt; cover, lower the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until cooked, about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup cheddar, 2 Tbs. butter, 3 Tbs. scallions and salt to taste.
- Pour into the prepared pie pan; spread evenly, set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the remaining 2 Tbs. butter over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and the remaining scallions and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the ham, tomato sauce and remaining 1 tsp. cajun seasoning and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Poor the mushroom mixture over the grits. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheddar and bake until heated through and lightly brown, 20-25 minutes.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- **recipe by Georgia Downard, photograph by David Prince from "Every Day with Rachael Ray" magazine.**
The Cookknwalter Paulsboro, New Jersey
- Not added to any groups yet!