Peanut Butter Caramel BarsFrom bobbijo 6 years ago
- 1 pkg. (18-1/4 oz.) yellow cake mix shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 20 minature peanut butter cups, chopped shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 jar (12-1/4 oz.) caramel ice cream topping shopping list
- 1/4 cup peanut butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts shopping list
- TOPPING: shopping list
- 1 can (16-oz.) milk chocolate frosting shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts shopping list
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry cake mix, butter and egg; beat until no longer crumbly, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the peanut butter cups.
- Press into a greased 13x9x2-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine cornstarch, caramel topping and peanut butter until smooth.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil, about 25 minutes.
- Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat; stir in peanuts.
- Spread evenly over warm crust.
- Bake 6-7 minutes longer or until almot set.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread with frosting; sprinkle with peanuts.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting.
- Storee in the refrigerator.