Spice Cake with Caramel IcingFrom gardenladyzoe 8 years ago
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cloves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped (optional) shopping list
- caramel Icing shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk shopping list
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, plus 1/4 cup if needed shopping list
How to make it
- 1. CAKE: Combine vegetable oil and sugars and cream until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well.
- 2. Sift together flour baking powder, soda, salt, cloves, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Gradually add to egg mixture alternately with buttermilk, mixing until well blended. Stir in vanilla and nuts, if desired.
- 3. Pour into a greased and floured 9x13-inch baking pan and bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Ice with Caramel Icing.
- 4. ICING: In a small saucepan, melt butter, add brown sugar, and cook over low heat 2-3 minutes. Gradually add milk and bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- 5. Add powdered sugar, a little at a time, beating until smooth. If icing is too thick, add 1 teaspoon milk.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookgardenladyzoe Snyder, OK
The Rating3 people
Love that caramel icing! Reminds me of my gramma!auntybea in Vernon loved it
yummy in the tummy! It's funny because I was going thru my recipes and I started to post one like this. Now I don't have to! Yeah
Great post!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
I love spice cake and caramel this is a keeperflirty_go1 in Brewton loved it