Spice Cake with Caramel IcingFrom gardenladyzoe 7 years ago
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cloves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped (optional) shopping list
- caramel Icing shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk shopping list
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, plus 1/4 cup if needed shopping list
How to make it
- 1. CAKE: Combine vegetable oil and sugars and cream until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well.
- 2. Sift together flour baking powder, soda, salt, cloves, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Gradually add to egg mixture alternately with buttermilk, mixing until well blended. Stir in vanilla and nuts, if desired.
- 3. Pour into a greased and floured 9x13-inch baking pan and bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Ice with Caramel Icing.
- 4. ICING: In a small saucepan, melt butter, add brown sugar, and cook over low heat 2-3 minutes. Gradually add milk and bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- 5. Add powdered sugar, a little at a time, beating until smooth. If icing is too thick, add 1 teaspoon milk.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookgardenladyzoe Snyder, OK
The Rating3 people
I love spice cake and caramel this is a keeperflirty_go1 in Brewton loved it
yummy in the tummy! It's funny because I was going thru my recipes and I started to post one like this. Now I don't have to! Yeah
Great post!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Love that caramel icing! Reminds me of my gramma!auntybea in Vernon loved it