Toshis GyozaFrom markeverett 6 years ago
- 2 lbs. ground beef (or pork or turkey) shopping list
- 2 large leeks, diced shopping list
- 2 bunches green onions, diced shopping list
- 5 or 6 tsp. garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 or 4 tsp. ginger, minced shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce shopping list
- 1-2 Tbsp. sesame oil shopping list
- olive to cook dumplings shopping list
- 60 (approx.) Round wonton wrappers shopping list
- Dipping Sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced shopping list
- ½ Tbsp. ginger, minced shopping list
- 1 ½ Tbsp. sesame oil shopping list
- ¼ cup rice vinegar shopping list
- ½ cup soy sauce shopping list
- Hot oil (Ra-yu) to taste I like more! Find this in the Asian aisle of your grocery shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together all ingredients well.
- Form balls with 1-2 tsp. of mixture and wrap in round wonton wrappers, sealed with water.
- Heat 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil in a skillet and cook dumplings until brown on the bottom.
- Dissolve 2 tsp. corn starch in ½ cup hot water and pour it into the pan and cover immediately.
- Cook over a medium heat until the water is evaporated.
- Dipping Sauce
- Heat sesame oil in a small pan. Mix garlic and ginger in a mixing bowl.
- Pour hot sesame oil over the garlic/ginger mixture.
- Add rice vinegar and soy sauce and mix well.
- Use as a dipping sauce for the cooked gyoza.