Cheesey Chicken Chili LasagnaFrom auntybea 6 years ago
- 2 3 oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 8 green onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 cups shredded mexican cheese blend, divided shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin, divided shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. minced fresh cilantro shopping list
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 1/2cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 4 oz. cans chopped green chilies, drained shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. dried thyme shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. salt shopping list
- 12 pre-cooked lasagna noodles shopping list
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, onions, 1 1/2 cups Mexican cheese blend, garlic, 1/4 tsp. cumin and cilantro. Stir in chicken; set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth gradually add broth. Bring to a boil;cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, chilies, thyme, salt, pepper and remaining cumin.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the cheese sauce in a greased 13 x 9" baking dish. Top with noodles, a third of the chicken mixture and a fourth of the cheese sauce. Repeat noodle, chicken and cheese sauce layers twice.
- Cover and bake at 350 F for 30 minutes. Uncover, top with remaining cheese and bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.