saltimboccaFrom mohammed 6 years ago
- 8 veal top round or round steak 1/4 inch thick ( about 1 1/2 bounds ) shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 8 thin slices prosciutto or fully cooked ham shopping list
- 8 thin slices ( one ounce each ) mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 8 fresh sage leaves shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry wine or chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 tesp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tesp. black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly pound each veal steak with meat mallet to tenderize to flatten slightly.
- Coat veal with flour.
- Shake off excess.
- Layer one slice each of prosciutto and cheese and 1 sage leaf on each veal slice.
- Roll up veal and tie with butcher string or secure with toothpicks.
- Melt butter in 10 inch skillet over medium heat.
- Cook veal rolls in butter for about 5 minutes .
- Turning occasionally until brown .
- Add wine and sprinkle rolls with salt and pepper .
- Cover and cook over medium-high.
- Heat about 5 minutes or until veal is no longer pink in center.
The Cookmohammed Amman, JO
- Not added to any groups yet!