Warm Turkey and Sweet Potato SaladFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3 tablespoon grainy mustard shopping list
- 1/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- Salad: shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds peeled sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil shopping list
- 1 bunch watercress shopping list
- 1 head butter lettuce shopping list
How to make it
- Combine mustard and egg in large mixing bowl and mix well then set aside.
- Place cream and dried tarragon leaves in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and whisk hot cream into mustard/yolk mixture then stir in tarragon.
- Slowly whisk in 3 tablespoons oil then set dressing aside.
- Remove and discard any tough watercress stems and discolored leaves then place in cold water.
- Remove and discard dark green outer leaves and root tip of butter lettuce.
- Separate lettuce leaves and wash with the watercress then remove from water.
- Dry well and set aside.
- Cut potatoes into 1” pieces then place in pot and cover with water.
- Place over high heat and cook until potatoes are soft.
- Drain potatoes and place in a mixing bowl.
- Pour vinegar over all then cover and let sit 5 minutes.
- Add turkey to potatoes and mix well.
- To serve add watercress and lettuce to bowl then mix well and mound on plates.