Chicken with Spicy Yogurt SauceFrom jencathen 8 years ago
- 4 whole chicken legs plus thigh, skin removed shopping list
- 1 cup plain low fat yogurt shopping list
- 2 TBSP snipped fresh cilantro or parsley shopping list
- 1 TBSP curry powder (use whatever is on hand) shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp paprika shopping list
- 2 to 3 tsp lime or lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 TBSP butter shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Lightly score the flesh. Place the chicken in a large plastic resealable bag set into a shallow dish.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together yogurt, cilantro or parsley, Curry powder, garlic, ginger, paprika, lime or lemon juice, and salt.
- Pour yogurt mixture over chicken. Seal bag; turn bag to coat chicken.
- Marinate in the fridge for 2 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat.
- Add the chicken legs and the yogurt mixture. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer covered for 45 to 50 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter.
- Boil yogurt mixture gently for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.