Chicken And Mushroom MeatballsFrom pieplate 4 years ago
- 1 lb. ground chicken shopping list
- 1/2 c. chopped onion, sauteed in 1 T. butter shopping list
- 8 oz. brown mushrooms (the ordinary ones), washed and cleaned shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 c. breadcrumbs shopping list
- roughly 3/4 c. mashed potatoes, with or without enrichment (leftovers work well here) shopping list
- 1/2 c. chopped parsley shopping list
- 1/2 c. ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 T. tarragon, dried or fresh, crumbled or minced shopping list
- 1/2 t. thyme shopping list
- 1/4 t. salt (unless you need more) shopping list
How to make it
- Grate mushrooms coarsely in a food processor. Set them to cook in a covered saucepan with 1-2 T. butter. Saute until they are cooked down and most of their juices have evaporated. Cool slightly.
- Combine with other ingredients, preferably by hand.
- Shape egg-sized amounts into small patties.
- Sautee in 1 T. butter and 1 T. peanut oil until dark golden brown on each side.
- Bake 10 min. in a 325 degree oven.