Porterhouse SteakFrom jencathen 8 years ago
How to make it
- Set steaks out on a clean surface until they reach room temperature throughout, 1–2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Put a cast-iron skillet large enough to fit steaks comfortably into oven and heat for 20 minutes.
- Rub both sides of steaks with a little olive oil and generously season with salt and pepper.
- Add steaks to hot skillet and cook in oven until well browned on bottom, 8 minutes.
- Turn steaks and cook in oven on second side, 5–6 minutes for rare, 7–8 minutes for medium rare.
- Remove steaks from skillet and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before serving.