Portobello Mushroom StroganoffFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 3/4 pound portobello mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 8 ounces dried egg noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add egg noodles, and cook until al dente, about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat, drain, and set aside.
- . At the same time, melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium
- Add onion, and cook, stirring until softened.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high, and add sliced mushrooms.
- Cook until the mushrooms are limp and browned.
- Remove to a bowl, and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir in vegetable broth, being sure to stir in
- any browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Bring to a boil, and cook until the mixture has reduced by 1/3.
- Reduce heat to low, and return the mushrooms and onion to the skillet.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir together the sour cream and flour; then blend into the mushrooms.
- Return the skillet to the burner, and continue cooking over low heat, just until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles.