CARAMEL PECAN PIEFrom tnacndn 9 years ago
- 36 caramels shopping list
- 1/4 C. water shopping list
- 1/4 C. butter, cubed shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 C. sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1-1/3 C. chopped pecans, toasted shopping list
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pie crust (9 inches) shopping list
- pecans halves, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the caramels, water and butter.
- Cook and stir over low heat until caramels are melted.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Gradually add caramel mixture.
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- If desired, arrange pecan halves over filling.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until set.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate leftovers.